Blooming Eyes!

I came across a marvelous tutorial for a Halloween wreath that I just had to make. Jen over at Epbot shared it at the end of September. I managed to procure the supplies and make it the same day. This project didn’t lie around for a year (like my Halloween pillow fabric)!

 

The most fun was gluing the eyeballs into the flowers. They really kinda creep me out. I used E6000 to secure the plastic eyes into the flowers. As well as glue the skeleton into the wreath. The skeleton took a little time to get just right. I would glue and he would wiggle and move and I’d need more glue. Finally, he settled into the nooks of the grapevine wreath and I was able to get the glue to hold him securely.

To attach the flowers to the wreath, I used wire cutters to trim the stems from the flower bundle. Then I bent the stem so the flower faced out. The stem then got wedged into the wreath. The black flowers and beads had little glittery spiders included in the bunches, so I added those to the wreath as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jen has a marvelous tutorial on how she created the  wreath. I didn’t think to take photos of the process, so I highly recommend checking out her post if you want to make your own.

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Crafting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s